Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 18

Each week the news of emergencies seems to grow. I feel great when I look at my preparations and I hope you are feeling the same way. This week:

1. Add prescription eye glasses to all 72 hour kits, when appropriate. I have my old pair in mine but I also have a pair of magnifiers in my car.

2. Purchase or find a container to hold your pet’s 72 hour kit. This could be a back pack, messenger bag, or even a bucket with a lid.

3. Add biohazard bags, both large and small, to your 72 hour kits and also to your car kit. Biohazard bags are wonderful because they are red in color and say hazardous materials right on the side. You will want top use these to line a port-a-potty. It is easy to tell children the stuff in the red bag is dangerous so don’t touch it, keeping them safe. If you use a regular plastic garbage bag be sure you label it clearly and brightly so everyone can tell the difference between these bags and bags of trash or debris.

4. Sweeten things up! Add 10 pounds of white sugar, 2 pounds of brown sugar and 2 pounds of powdered sugar to your storage.

5. Add two gallons of water to your supply. You can fill bleach bottles, canning jars or other containers with a tight fitting lid or you can purchase water at the store.

6. Go over the Water Storage article . Study it and add it to your binder.

7. Add a one month supply of hand soap to your storage and a small bar to your 72 hour kits. This is one of the items you should have dated and if you did, you will know how many to purchase for a month.

We all need to be ready for whatever comes. I am amazed how many people have told me they are feeling a real need to prepare.
If you fail to plan you plan to fail! (Benjamin Franklin)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you prepared?